Monday, May 21, 2007

D-Day, The Final Stretch

I'm about to pack the computer and disconnect the cable. A few more trips to the trash, pack 3 more boxes, sweep, mop, bank, post office, Comcast, get Dash from school, get school records, deflate air mattresses, more trips to the trash, load Joy's car and head to Jacksonville.

I was able to give Chuck and myself one last walk in Lafayette Park this morning. I took a moment to appreciate the hundred year-old oaks trailing spanish moss, and probably one of the last cool mornings in Tallahassee this year. I'm going to a place with a completely different ambience--closer to the sun, closer to a volcano. More sashimi than BBQ.

I better get off the computer and get moving. Love to you all, send me messages to keep me going over the next few days.

1 comment:

David A said...

I am so glad that your final days were filled with friends, family and fragrant smells of the retention pond and even a cool morning. We will be poorer without your family in our midst and those Hawaiians will be richer. I told Dash not to break the volcano when he gets there, hope he has a good trip out. We love you all...