Saturday, May 19, 2007

D-Minus 2 Days, 5/19/07



Don't be misled by the title of my blog, "How to Move to Hawaii." I will not be offering expert tips or valuable insights.

It's 10pm, Saturday, my beloved Indian spices and lentils have been given to a good home (enjoy Chris!), every stick of furniture has been sold, the dog has been walked for the evening, and Dash is in the tub. If I could have shipped my garam masala and sambhar powder I would have, but botanical items are frowned upon by the Hawaii agricultural inspectors.

As the photo shows, there is still alot of junk to dispose of. I don't need any of it! Not one thing! Okay, maybe this melon baller, but that's it, not one more thing. Okay maybe this lemon zester. So, the melon baller, the lemon zester, and this paddle-game...but that's it!

Dean is taking on the task of booking Chuck's flight from Honolulu to Hilo. Her 48"x32"x35" dog crate is too big for many connecting flights, so he'll have his work cut out for him. I haven't heard from him since he started working on this task this morning, I hope this isn't a bad sign.

Tomorrow, several friends are coming over to clean out the last of the unshipworthy items. How did we get so many coffee cups? Does anyone really need thirty-six? And crayons! Thousands of them!

I think I was royalty in a former life, because I'm wanting to ring a bell and summon my serfs. "You! Stable Boy! Transport the hound! Cook! Bring me tea cakes and clotted cream!"

I really should be cleaning the refrigerator now. I don't think anyone will want that old bottle of Maalox, or the golden beet from New Leaf that I never had time to roast.

1 comment:

Jericho said...

Hang in there sis, I know it's been stressful, but just remember...when you're finally in Volcano...it's just the begining...

Ah yes, tea cakes and clotted cream...